Tuesday, March 15, 2011

TIP OF THE DAY

Actually there are two tips today.  When you bring veggies home from the grocer what do you do with your celery?  Do you leave it in the bag it came in.  If you do you are going to be throwing it away fairly soon.  If you don't use celery all at once and you want to keep it fresh, just wrap it all up in aluminum foil.  Yep, that's right plain old foil.  Just wrap it up and place it where you usually do in your refrigerator and it will keep for weeks without wilting or becoming slimey.

OK, now for tip #2.  When you bring home your cottage cheese or sour cream from the grocer just turn them upside down and place them on the usual shelf in the refrigerator.  They will last for a month or more.  I am a widow and don't use my things up like I used to so these tips have been great for me.  I hope this will save you some money instead of having to throw them out because they are spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment